The cannabinoid CBD is becoming touted by many as one of the best natural sleep aids for those with sleep struggles because it's known to regulate circadian rhythms or sleep/wake cycles by balancing our endocannabinoid system. Our endocannabinoid system, otherwise known as our ECS regulates key functions in the body such as sleep, mood, metabolism, pain, memory and digestion as well as the nervous system and endocrine system to name a few. Our endocrine system is made up of hormones such as, but not limited to, melatonin - our sleep hormone, cortisol - our stress hormones and estrogen our sex hormone. When these systems are out of balance our sleep can be deeply impacted.
Juna is formulated specifically for restorative sleep in mind.
- CBD: helps with sleep by impacting your circadian rhythms, or sleep-wake cycles and optimizes the endocannabinoid system, which supports deeper sleep at a more restorative level.
- CBN: a minor cannabinoid known for its sedating effects.
- Chamomile: primes liver detoxification pathways and decreases cortisol levels in the brain, helping you enter those deep, reparative stages of sleep. Chamomile is commonly regarded as a mild tranquilizer, digestif and immune booster.
- Passionflower: proven to prolong stage 3 (deep sleep). More Stage 3 Sleep = more time your body spends in age-reversal mode. This stage is also when our brain enters glymphatic mode (this is where the brain actually washes itself to clean out the waste leaving you feeling refreshed the next day).
What's Holding You Back from a Deep Sleep?
In our modern world we are faced with sensory and schedule overload and more environmental stressors than ever. Here are 3 main reasons you might not be getting restorative sleep
- Suffering from high stress, anxiety: Excessive worry can make it hard to fall asleep and stay asleep at night. Being deprived of sleep can worsen anxiety, spurring on a cycle of insomnia and anxiety.
- Bluelight: While many of us thrive on information and connection at our fingertips bluelight is a major interruption to our circadian rhythms and sleep wake cycles by blocking melatonin, a hormone that naturally works in your body to make you sleepy. With light from our screens activating our brain to wake up at all hours of the day our bodies can become confused at when it's time to sleep.
- Use of substances: Using stimulants such as caffeine and certain medications like benzodiazepines and opioids are known to affect deep sleep
How To Get Better Sleep
- Mild exercise like stretching before bed can help your body release tension and prepare for rest.
- Take a warm Epsom salt bath. Epsom salts help your body to both detox the day and relax. Just before you get out of the bath have a 30 second cold shower. While this may seem counterintuitive cold water helps reduce anxiety, soothes muscles, slows the heart rate, releases tension.
- Dose Juna Nightcap in warm water and sip 1 hour before bed. For best results, reduce screen time 2 hours before bed and lower thermostat to 68-70 degrees to prep your body for superior shut-eye. *This product is best-used cumulatively to reset internal rhythms.
Sleep for Anti-Aging
Sleep may just be the best treatment for anti-aging in the world. Studies show that sleep doesn't just make you feel better, it can actually make you look better too. Without adequate sleep our bodies and minds are not working at an optimal level and can leave us impatient, lacking focus and with skin that is fatigued puffy and looks lackluster. Research shows that even one night of poor sleep can show visible effects on the skin such as: swollen or puffy eyes, undereye circles, pale skin and more fine lines and wrinkles. During sleep our blood flow and collagen production are known to increase allowing our skin to repair and regenerate.
As mentioned earlier, when we reach Stage 3 or, deep sleep our body's glymphatic system goes to work by clearing away unwanted cellular debris keeping the neurons of the brain supplied, clean and functioning to keep our brain younger.
Juna’s Nightcap Sleep Drops: A full-spectrum CBD oil featuring CBN, another popular cannabinoid known for its sedative effects. Mint and chamomile add to the soothing effects, combining with passionflower to support reaching stage 3 (deep restorative) sleep and for extra anti-aging benefits.