We love this high-protein hemp version of one of our favorite and easiest Mediterranean / Middle Eastern Salads: Hemp Seed Tabbouleh. We love this with some fresh, warm pita bread, and for a little extra yumminess, you can add avocado — because we pretty much put avocado on everything.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ - ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 large red vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup hemp seed hearts (we used Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts)
- 2 tbsp hemp oil (we used Nutiva Organic Cold Pressed Hemp Oil)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
- Dash of lemon pepper
- In a food processor, process parsley, mint and sea salt until minced (or if you don’t have a food processor, just chop everything really fine).
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped tomatoes, hemp seeds, hemp oil, lemon juice and lemon pepper. Mix well and serve (or refrigerate for 30 minutes so juices can be absorbed).
**Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free
**Use organic ingredients wherever possible — your body will thank you for it